Welcome desk at FIUMICINO airport
If you arrive in Rome and want to know how to reach Sapienza University or your hotel please apply at EURO2013 welcome desk. There will be one in each terminal of FIUMICINO airport (T1 and T3). Hostesses will help you to find the easiest way to go downtown.
Desks will be easy to find, after collecting your luggage just look for the logo of the conference!
Saturday, June 29 16:00 – 21:00
Sunday, June 30 08:30 – 21:30
Monday, July 1 08.30 – 13.30
The Rome airport system, consists of Rome Fiumicino “Leonardo da Vinci” international airport and Rome Ciampino “Giovan Battista Pastine” airport.
Leonardo da Vinci Airport
Leonardo da Vinci airport, known as Fiumicino airport, is located in Fiumicino, 30 km (18 miles) from Rome.
To reach the hotels or La Sapienza University participants can:
- take the “Leonardo Express” train which arrives at Termini railway station, in downtown Rome. It leaves every 30 minutes and takes about 30 minutes to reach Termini, without intermediate stops. Cost: 14,00 euros.
- take a taxi. Cost, baggage included: 48,00 euros to the city centre. The cars are white and can be recognized by the sign “TAXI” on the car top and the ID licence number on the doors onside the car. For destinations either than the city centre, the price will be indicated by the taximeter, to which the baggage fee has to be added.
- rent a car with driver at the rent car service desk in front of the airport exit, countersigned by NCC.
- take a bus to Termini railway station, available outside the departures terminal:
*Terravision, one-way ticket costs: 6,00 Euros (Journey time: 55 Minutes)
* Bus Shuttle, one-way ticket costs: 6,00 Euros (Journey time: 55 Minutes)
Giovan Battista Pastine Airport
Rome Giovan Battista Pastine airport, known as Ciampino Airport, is the budget airlines and charter flights airport, situated 15 km (9 miles) from Rome city centre.
Airport Transfer to Termini railway station are available outside the departures terminal:
- Terravision, one-way ticket cost: 6,00 Euros (Journey time: 40 Minutes)
- Bus Shuttle, one-way ticket cost: 6,00 Euros (Journey time: 40 Minutes)
Taxi service from/to Ciampino Airport is available. The service costs 40.00 Euro, baggage included.
For more information: www.adr.it
Eurostar trains connect Rome with a wide range of other European cities.
Rome’s central train station “Termini” is conveniently located in the heart of the city.
Through Italy’s main motorway, the Autostrada del Sole (A1), which runs from the north to the south of the peninsula, Rome is well connected with all European cities.